Business Insider has named Houston the Best City in America, for these reasons:
- Houston is the Number 1 city for job creation in the US;
- Houston is home to more Fortune 500 company headquarters than anywhere except New York;
- The Texas Medical Center in Houston hosts the largest concentration of healthcare organizations;
- Houston is one of the centers of the oil and gas industry;
- Houston's unemployment rate is significantly below the national level;
- Houston's port encourages massive international trade;
- Houston (or "Space City") is home to NASA;
- A paycheck goes farther in Houston than any other major metropolitan area;
- Houston is the most ethnically and racially diverse city in the US, surpassing NYC;
- Houston has a spectacular range of ethnic cuisines, seafood and barbecue restaurants
- The NY Times calls Houston "one of the country's most exciting places to eat."
- Housing is more affordable here. Houston did not experience a housing bubble like the rest of the country;
- Houston's got more parks than any other top-10 metropolitan area;
- Schools such as University of Houston and Rice University mean there are a bunch of smart people here;
- Houston is filled with unique, world-class museums and cultural landmarks;
- Houston has one of the largest rodeos in the world;
- Houston has willing sports teams;
- And finally, Houston has BEYONCE!
>Read the full article by Emme Martin and Max Nisen, July 1, 2014
Yes, that's my city. All these factors are contributing a the current strong real estate market here in Houston.