Your Mobile Real Estate Office
Real estate sales people spend so much time in their cars that they begin to think of them as mobile offices. This is actually more true than funny.
Your automobile must be well-maintained, and gassed up. You want your customers looking at houses, not gas pumps.
Your car must be clean and neat, with a working heating/cooling system. The car should have no obvious odors – this means no cigarette smoke, pets, or other offensive smells. Equally, we do not want heavily perfumed air fresheners or deodorizers. Clean is best.
Once all that is achieved, here is Roger’s Guide to Essential Real Estate Car Clutter...
- A current Key Map is mandatory. A GPS device is optional
- Chargers for cell phones, iPads, laptops, or other electronic equipment.
- A measuring device, either a 25’ to 30’ tape measure or an electronic measurer.
- Some basic tools – include pliers (needlenose and regular) and screwdrivers (Phillips and flat head).
- A 2 or 3 pound sledge hammer, to pound yard signs into the ground
- Extra sign screws for attaching riders.
- Simple cleaning supplies – a wisk broom and dust pan, some trash bags, and a roll of paper towels.
- Safety equipment – flares, a tire-inflation canister, spare belts and hoses, jumper cables, and a flashlight.
- A few bottles of water (It’s Texas and it’s hot!)
- Note pad and pencils (Not pens -- pens dry out)
- A folding chair is also nice for Open Houses in vacant properties, and
- A file box, with color-coded file folders to organize clients, contracts, and receipts. Yes, I know we are supposed to be a paperless society now. But really....
That should keep you and your mobile office on the road!