DEFINE YOUR REAL ESTATE WISH LIST
What Do You Want or Need?
Spend some time clarifying your housing priorities.
- Would you prefer a residential home or a townhome?
- Are schools important to you or not? Should the back yard be big or small?
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms would you like?
- Is a big kitchen more important than a workshop?
- Do you want a pristine property or a fixer-upper?
- How much time do you have for a home search?
- What is your preferred communication style – text, email, phone?
Pre-Qualify Your Financing
How much can you spend? Many mortgage lenders provide special financing for healthcare professionals. Pre-qualifying for a loan will clarify your price point, which ultimately defines where you can find a home.
Choose Your Commute
How close do you need to be to work? In Houston, rush-hour traffic periodically turns the freeways into parking lots, impeding cross-town traffic. Newcomers will want to limit their exposure to traffic problems.
Finding a Home in Houston
After you define your wish list...